Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sunny Afternoon


I recently rediscovered a song while my ipod was on shuffle last night, the song was "Sunny Afternoon" by The Kinks. Although it was one of the first songs by The Kinks that I've ever heard and one of the songs that made them one of my favorite bands, i haven't listened to that song in years. What makes me love that songs is they sing about having a pretty depressing life, he's broke, his girlfriend stole his car, and left him, but he still looks at the brighter side of things, he has an ice cold beer and a sunny afternoon. Another band that has been occupying most of my time has been Cursive, mostly their "Burst and Bloom" EP. The song "Mothership, mothership do you read me?" is now the most played song on my ipod. I love everything about that song, from when its slow and quiet, to when it could start a mosh pit. The cello playing in the background goes almost unnoticed but once you notice it, you realize that the song isn't the same without it(Cursive no longer has a cello player). "The Antipop" album by, Primus is excellent as well. This was their last album before their hiatus from 2000-2003. This album features guest from a bunch of different bands including, Jim Martin of Faith No More, Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine, and Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit. Some of the best bass playing I've ever heard has come off this album, in tracks "Greet the Sacred Cow", and "The Antipop"

:-)

4 comments:

  1. ummm hello and now you have to add Five Finger Death Punch to your review type entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol will do, i see myself listening to them a bunch in my near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this whole rediscovering thing is genius, whered you get the idea? lawl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julius,
    I saw Cursive years ago when they opened for... hmmm... I can't even remember who they opened for but I do remember it was at the Avalon and I do remember the crowd really being into them. I will have to check these guys out again. I didn't really know them at the time. See if you could add a link to a video of the Cursive song you described.
    Thanks,
    Mr. Roy

    ReplyDelete