The 4 year journey through this high school has been very long. But at the same time alot of it was fun. The authority people in the school (Principles, teachers, hall monitors, and even a few cops) have always been pretty shitty and enforce way too many rules. I mean, whats the big deal about an ipod, or a cell phone? Or even a hat or a hood. Even studies show that high school students do better on test while their listening to an ipod. But at out school if your seen with one out you have to give it to a teacher who will bring it to the principle, and then they will put it in a brown paper bag (from the liquor store) staple it shut, and write you name on it. Then your parent has to go get it from the principle on either a monday, or a wedsday. If you refuse to give your ipod/cell phone to which ever authority asks for it, you are suspended for 5 days. And the new rule at Gloucester High School is when you are suspended you get a zero on all the work you miss. Does any one else find this a bit ridiculous? But that's how it goes here. Fuck you GHS.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I completely agree, maybe not about the 'fuck you' part, but I still agree that it is ridiculous. People say that it's respectful to not wear a hat or hood, but I really don't get it either. Things have gotten way to strict around here. I still have another year left, I hope things don't get worse. By the way, nice blog. Students can really connect.
ReplyDelete